Protecting the Integrity & Reputation of Irish Horseracing

Integrity Portal

Tramore postponed until Thursday


Following consultation with Met Eireann and various stakeholders and in light of the weather forecast which currently has a Status Red and Status Orange weather warning in place for parts of Ireland, the fixture scheduled for Tramore on Tuesday, 7th December has been postponed.


The Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board, in conjunction with Horse Racing Ireland, can confirm that the fixture will now take place on Thursday, 9th December. Fresh declarations will be taken for this fixture and will close at 10am on Tuesday morning.


IHRB Clerk of the Course, Paddy Graffin stated: “The weather forecast has got worse as the day has gone on and we are now faced with the risk of high winds and gusts which could reach up to 130km/h during race time. Following numerous conversations with various stakeholders today and with Met Eireann, we felt it was prudent to make an early call to postpone the fixture in the interest of safety for all participants and those who may have been planning to travel to Tramore tomorrow. Thanks to the cooperation of others, we are now in a position to host the meeting on Thursday and we will have a ground update before fresh declarations are made on Tuesday morning.”

Copyright © 2018, I.H.R.B, All Rights Reserved.